Friday, February 24, 2017

Thank you Rose

Happy Friday!  There are so many things I see people doing with Digital images from layering, creating scenes, using part of the image, enlarging portions of the image etc. The list goes on and on if you really want to look for ideas. Since I am not real savy with digital images yet, I wanted to try more things with the ones I have. Today I am showing you what I altered using digi  Everything's Rosy


Now, I started out small with just a minor change. I enlarged it quite a bit and then used the "eraser tool" to remove part of the image to the right so I could get just this can of roses. Since I had created this I see several cards with similar enlarging of the same image. Come to find out.... Check this post out on the Power Poppy Blog post and read the details. We teamed up for the month of February with  Kit and Clowder online class. They have a special altering of two digi's and a class with techniques and ideas for you. Check it out!

Back to my editing of the digi... this left a portion of the can unfinished obviously since the part I erased over lapped. That is easy enough to cover with a sentiment tab of some sort.  Oh I LOVE it, don't you.  :-)  This really just makes the digi all the more fun to play with and try new things. After I colored the image with various Copic markers I die cut the panel with Lil inkers stitched rectangles. Added a layer of pink behind the panel and adhered to the base. My sentiment is using part of the stamp from Nice Things to Say. Then the sparkles and some added sequins. Voila! Hope you try more things with your digital images and play around today too.  hee hee  

Be sure to check out the Bloom Brigades creations today:
Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Katie Sims
 Tosha Leyendekker



7 comments:

Eliz Z said...

Thanks for the digi altering tips! And your rose petals are stunning :)

Leslie Miller said...

Way to go, Stacy! I love playing with digis. So many possibilities, and when coloring is your thing, they're just the ticket. This turned out so pretty! The sentiment looks great where you placed it, and you'd never know it's doing double duty, covering up a blank spot. So beautiful!

bensarmom said...

Stacy,
This card is absolutely stunning! I love your coloring and your color choices.
Hugs,
Sue

Tracy said...

How pretty! The colors you used for the rose are blended perfectly and I love the subtle sparkle of the glitter you added to the rose. Hugs!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Love it, Stacy! A beautiful rose to say "Thank You"!

Traci M said...

This is so soft and lovely, Stacy!!

CherylQuilts said...

What a gorgeous card, Stacy! I LOVE this digi and love how you've "cropped" it and colored it...beautiful! And I agree with Leslie about how you added the sentiment...perfect placement along with your wonderful sequins!! Hugs and love, sweet friend! xoxo