Friday, June 12, 2015

Happy Grad Hat


Good morning. Before I get to my post today I wanted to share a project and a few photo's with you today. Nothing says time flies like having kids. My very close friend came across this picture of the kids at Disney World in 2008. Look how young they are, on my! I of course cried when I looked at this. Not from being sad, but from how much they have all grown in just a few short years. 7  Years doesn't seem short to most, but short if you ask me. Especially since "M" just graduated from Highschool (With Honors) and her AA Degree. We have watched her grow into a beautiful, God fearing young woman over the years and we couldn't be more proud of her! 



Now look at them... This is at her Graduation party. Look at how the each have grown! My time with them is precious and I am cherishing every minute I can. They say... enjoy it while you can! In 5 years I will be taking another photo at the boys graduation. Who knows what that photo will look like.  :-)  



For fun I created a graduation hat shaped box to hold the money we planned to give as her gift. I have a Grad hat Tutorial if you would like to create your own. The inside is using Big Scripts that is centered to show between the rolled up $5 bills she is getting. hee hee  This turned out fun and she loved it. Check out the Power Poppy Blog's new Power and Spark Challenge this month! Be sure to play along! 



Be sure to check out the Bloom Brigades creations: 
Allison Cope 
Christine Okken  
Julie Koerber 
Leslie Miller
Katie Sims
Kathy Jones


6 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Oh my gosh Stace! I cannot believe how much your boys have grown in just 2 years! What handsome young men you have there! What a fun look back in time too! Love your graduation box and I am sure it was well received and the most creative card/gift she got! :-)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, what fabulous photos, and how big they all have gotten! How precious to see the older photos and the one with M in your cap and gown! Ah! And what a clever and amazing idea for the graduation gift box! I love it!! Wow, you are just so clever, girl!! Hugs, and have a great weekend!

Marisa said...

Darling project and love the pictures! My "baby" is now 6' LOL and my daughte will be a Senior next year... the years definitely fly by and oh how I treasure my time with them as they are growing up so quickly!

Kathy Jones said...

Stac, I love the story about your kids and your friend's....it seems time just keeps picking up speed. The graduation gift is such a wonderful idea and I'm sure she will treasure it!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh my WORD. I cannot believe how big the boys have grown! Do they tower over you already? Man....I wish we could see each other again.

Love the graduation hat...that’s just the sweetest little gift. I bet she loved it!

Leslie Miller said...

Look at those little darlings! They all still have the same sweet smiles. I can see the goodness in them. Your grad box is perfect! That's real keepsake quality, Stacy!