Wednesday, June 14, 2017

You're somethin else

Good morning! I am still trying to get back into the swing of things from St. Louis. What fun we had and I will have pictures to share later I promise. For now I have a creation using the Hues to Use challenge posted on the Power Poppy Blog.  


You can see the colors below to work with for the challenge. The Climbing Clematis was saying pick me, pick me so I did.  ;-)  They are colored with various Copic markers and then die cut with a stitched rectangle. I actually used the wrong size, but turned out perfect as my sentiment fit right onto the panel instead of a tag. Some designer paper in the darker green for the background was perfect. Stitched the base layer to match the image panel. Added a little bit of sparkle to the leaves and some enamel dots to finish it off. Voila! 


These colors are wonderful aren't they? I think my purple is a little lighter than on the picture and not as vibrant. However I still enjoy the way this turned out. I hope you get a chance to color and play along this week. 


3 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Absolutely beautiful Ms. Stace! Love the little extras and the patterns showing through in layers -- LOVE!

Leslie Miller said...

Your coloring floors me, Stacy. You make it beautiful every time and seem to do it so quickly. I'm always in awe. That little bit of designer paper showing around the edges is just perfect. You're somethin' else!

CherylQuilts said...

I am so obviously behind in my emails, but I LOVE this card, Stacy! Wow, it's gorgeous with your coloring and such a beautiful and elegant layout! Love your enamel dots to finish it off! Hugs! xoxo