Thursday, February 8, 2018

Grateful Peony Friend

Hello. Well the basketball season is officially wrapped up for the boys. We have a few weeks break before baseball officially starts and I could use the break myself.  :-)  Just a few things to get taken care of before we are off to the races again. I enjoy every minute of it, don't kid yourself. hee hee 


Just a quick card for you today using Tree Peony image. I have enlarged it to fit the panel of my card base. My flower is colored using various Copic markers then cut around so that I could pop it up on dimensionals on the base. 
The base is die cut using a Spellbinders die and then a strip of designer paper added to the edge. Also on the inside is a matching strip so when the card is closed you see the designer paper through the die cut. My sentiment from Nice Things to Say stamp set and then a few sequins to finish it off. Voila! 


4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Have mercy, Stacy, this is gorgeous! Your coloring! I swoon! Such a beautiful card design with the lattice cut border giving a peek at the inside. So pretty open or closed. Brilliant! Swooning again...

ChristineCreations said...

Just beautiful Stacy! I was just thinking about this image again....and you’ve coloured it up with such life!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy!! This is GORGEOUS! I love your amazing coloring, and fussy cutting it really makes it pop off the card and look so real! I love the layout with the single strip of DP and the gorgeous cutaway die! Absolutely exquisite (and definitely CASE-worthy - hehe!). Hugs, sweet friend. I am so grateful for you!! xoxo

Unknown said...

This is lovely! I am going online and try to locate that die cut you used on the side. Very elegant, and your coloring is amazing! Just found you.