Saturday, January 8, 2022

Two for one designer paper

I bought some new designer paper packs this last November. I love papers and try to use them but never seem to figure out how to get them to showcase the designs without covering them up. I bought them because they were so pretty. My mission with these two cards was to show the paper and add some stamping at the same time. 

The first card I used Poinsettia that is colored with Copic markers. Then I cut around the edges and popped it up with dimensionals. Some snowflake textures to the base layer and added some of the designer paper to the bottom. Wrapped silver cord and a button then added sparkles. 


This is the larger part of the designer paper that I just love, but how do you cover that up? You can't. haha  So I decided to show case it and just added a few small touches. So I wrapped some twine around and a button like I did the first card. My sentiment to the bottom left and some sparkles to the actual design. 


Now that I look at it should of added some texture to the white space top and bottom, next time. Voila! I do like how this turned out and yes my plan is to do similar with the others. hee hee  Have a wonderful day! 


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, goodness! Well, you know I'm a paperaholic and I think you did a great job with these two cards. The first enhances your colored image beautifully and the second lets the paper shine to its fullest potential. Wow! Sorry for my long absence. Things have been upside down here, but trying to manage. My goal is to read all the posts I've missed, but can't possibly comment on all. I miss crafting when I'm away. You always blow my mind with your cards, Stacy. Wishing you a good new year!