Ahhhh..... summer will be here before we know it and... that means longer days, hotter nights, sitting under the stars and soaking up the nice weather. We know the grass is just starting to green up and spring flowers haven't even really begun to see their full glory -- but that doesn't mean we can't celebrate those warmer days ahead! We're getting in the spirit of outdoor fun now and if you play along with us, you could win Flourishes' entire April release! All you need to do is play in the...
HOW TO PLAY: To join us in this challenge, all you need to do is be inspired by this beautiful color palette above OR create with summer in mind! This one can be loosely interpreted -- bottom line, we just want to see the fun things you create! If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword FLLCAPR13. Enter as many times as you like, but know that if you use Flourishes stamps, your entry counts twice! You have until April 12, at 5PM EST to enter. Just make sure you link your creation up below using our Inlinkz widget. As we said, winner gets our full April Release. So get those fingers inky!
My creation today is a bright and cheerful one with the color of summer sun. Last week I created a few thank you cards with this same design and wanted to carry over the feel into this creation. I stamped the flower from Hello Hyacinth into classic white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink.
Colored with copic collections:
Once colored I scored the edges, then I added dimensionals to the back panel. Grabbed apiece on our Color Made Easy Sunflower cardstock and die cut the fancy edge at the side using Spellbinders Edgeabilites Classic decorative Inserts Three.
Layered the floral panel onto the textured panel, then our Color Made Easy Sunflower paper. Tied some of the matching Color Made Easy Sunflower antique gold ribbon into a bow tied off with ivory jute and sunflower light button. Voila!
Be sure to check out the creations from the design team today:
- Amanda Havon
- Christine Okken
- Cindy Lawrence
- Danielle Kennedy
- Heather Jensen
- Maki Jones
- Silke Ledlow
- Stacy Morgan
- Simply create a card and be inspired by the photo above or by... SUMMER!
- Entries need to be in by Friday, April 12th at 5 PM EST
- Those that use Flourishes stamps will be counted twice for their entry
- You must link your creation on this post using our inlinkz widget in order to qualify
- You must have a link to our challenge in your blog or gallery post
- Please DO NOT combine challenges. Only those that don’t combine will be in the running.
- If you upload to SCS, please use the keyword FLLCAPR13
- We’ll announce the winners Saturday in our Winner’s Circle Post on Saturday, April 13th, so check back then to see if you’re one of the lucky winners!