Friday, August 5, 2016

C.S.I.for Melanie

Happy Friday! I bet you thought someone was in trouble with that title, right?  hee hee   Not really, but our hostess this month Miss Julie is excited for this months Power and Spark challenge.


Here’s the basics on the challenge:  Power Poppy is going all “C.S.I.” this month. No, it’s not what you think. We’re not on the case – we ARE CASE-ing. We are challenging YOU to Copy, Steal, Inspire! All you need to do is pick a Power Poppy creation somewhere in blog land by any designer and be inspired by it. Then, create your own spin on the original design! Just that simple! 


When I had time looking around at creations to case I found some beautiful cards, gift sets and gifts to feast my eyes on. We have some awesome PP fans out there!  I finally choose this card It's Your Day by Melanie aka tuppenceandbob to case. Melanie's card is beautiful and soothing with the creams and soft brown colors. The lace trim and butterflies are awesome touches as well.
For my case, I kept the colors similar, the same flower (Simply Camillas) and added mesh ribbon instead of the lace trim. Instead of pearls I used sequins accents and also changed from ovals to stitched rectangles using Lil Inkers dies. Voila! Thanks for the inspiration Melanie! Hope you can play along this month. 





6 comments:

Pauline said...

Gorgeous! Love your take on Melanie's card, great layout and colours. Love the lacey ribbon behind, so soft and airy!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Stacy this is so elegantly beautiful!! Love the gorgeous monochrome look with the touch of lace and sequins! You totally rocked this challenge!!

Corinne said...

love the monochromatic look..
fabulous card
hugs

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, this is gorgeous, Stacy! You chose something awesome to CASE, and it turned out wonderful. Love that neutral color scheme. So beautiful!

Davi said...

Gorgeous Stacy!! I love the Way you put the image off to the side and then just the faintest hint of color. The lace is pretty and the dp make a beautiful frame of color :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy!! This is gorgeous, and I love the beautiful sponging and layers! What a beautiful piece of DP to use, and the stitched dies really dress it up along with the mesh ribbon and sequins! It's stunning, and what a great card of Melanie's to CASE! I love it all! Wow, you are fabulous, girl! Hugs!