Monday, April 13, 2020

Mice Showers

Morning! We had a rough last week with the stay at home extension till May 4th, they then cancelled school for the year. We were all rather upset since it is the boys senior year. They are going to miss so much from the cancellation, prom, baseball, senior trip and possibly graduation. Graduation is the one thing that might still be salvaged as they can do it later in June if we have to. Still working on the details of that so I am praying and hopeful. They have put so much time and energy into the school these last few years, not to mention John and myself. Last week was just a hard week. The positive news is the boys are able to add 2 more classes for Running Start which means they will graduate in Dec with a full AA Degree rather than the following May. So that not only saved money it brings the  degree a quarter sooner. Look for the good stuff in all this craziness. Spent the day in the kitchen on Friday making cinnamon rolls and a few dozen different cookies rolled into balls for the freezer and rainy days. Felt good to have some control over something lately. Anyways...


 I did get to color this weekend to try and help my mood.  :-) This week you will see a lot of purple infused cards. Why? Because I found digging through my paper packs a Wild Rose pack that I totally forgot I had and it has a lot of lavender in the stack. :-)  When I created my Christmas card for the DD the other day using House Mouse I found a few others to play with too. 
These guys are called Summer Showers on the block but I can't find it on the Stampendous site so it must be retired also. They are colored with Copic markers and then layered on some layers. The base is dry embossed with a leafy folder. Added some sequins and sparkles to the water coming out of the can. So fun to color these guys, I sure miss them. Don't worry I have a few more colored that I will try to get into cards soon. Have a great day.

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

This is soooo adorable, and what a great picture showing off the embossing so nicely. I feel happy looking at this! I'm sorry for all the seniors and their end of year activities. Some have canceled senior trips that they were looking forward to. Graduation can be rescheduled if things improve. One day they'll look back and see how they were part of an unusual time in history. I'm being sure to document for our yearly photo book.