Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Mountain men

Good morning. Pulled out another stamp that is no longer available and one of my favorite stamps for guy cards. This was called Mountain View. After camping this weekend I knew some cards were coming out with this set. It was truly beautiful where we went and I wanted to stay longer. It inspired me to get a few guy cards done that were a request. 
My first one also used an embossing die I bought and have used only once of the deer head. It was the perfect texture backdrop that I wanted.  Some more of the designer paper from the pile for the base layers. Added a few brads to the corner and my sentiment strip. 


Next up with the same set is something I have seen on cards and I only have done maybe once or twice. Instead of coloring the entire back image I did the whole dot thing. Not sure if there is a technical name for it but the mountains are only colored well mostly with dots in several shades. I really like how that turned out with the elk on this one. Added some piercing around the edges, again more of this designer paper I have had forever. Added a few enamel dots to this one and a fish tale end. Voila! 


So many more idea's with this guy but I have to work on the other cards in the request. Don't worry I have them jotted down so I don't lose inspiration on the ideas.  ;-)  Thanks for stopping by.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dot technique is called pointillism, and was popular with Impressionists :)

Leslie Miller said...

I do love both cards! Awesome embossing folder on the first and paper on the second. The dotty coloring looks fantastic on this! I've done it for backgrounds, but never for the actual coloring. I might have to try it! I'm jelly that you went camping, but we'll go pretty soon. In fact, we were just now talking about it.