Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Ultimate Barbecue

I am back with a foodie post today! We celebrated my father in laws 61st birthday last night and we had The Ultimate Barbecue. Tyler Florence from Foodnetwork is one of my all time favorite chefs and he isn't too hard on the eyes either. hee hee Not a single recipe of his have I tried and not absolutely loved. He has a way with flavors and I knew this Ultimate BBQ was not going to dissapoint. Here is a photo finish of the dinner.

We have The Ultimate Barbecued Ribs. This recipe says 2 racks of ribs total time 2 1/2 hours, well I did 3 racks and cooked them for 5 hours, low and slow. Any ribs recipe I have tried I always have to cook it longer and the meat just falls of the bones its so tender and delicious. Then the Ultimate Baked Beans. I have a favorite bean recipe that we all love, however I am always looking for a new one and this might be it. Now I do have to say I altered this a bit as I didn't have enough of the beans so I added 1 can of black beans. I forgot to add teh pancetta to the top of this for the photo. That salty and crispy pancetta was perfect for the beans. The recipe calls for individual crocks, however I made this all in one pan. Next was the Ultimate Coleslaw. I have never made my own nor have I found one that isn't all mushy and flavorless until now.... These were tangy, sweet and scrumptious. I would have to say I think I need to buy a bag with more red cabbage next time as this had little color. My dessert was a new one also it was Crock Pot Peach Cobbler. YEP! Can you believe you can make just about anything in that crock pot. Betty Crocker emails me with recipes and coupons every now and then. This one looked delcious and went perfect with my Ultimate BBQ dinner. I don't have a photo of the peach cobbler, but it was yummy. I even made homemade whip cream with some haeavy cream, vanilla and a bit of sugar. Whipped up and added to the peach cobbler. YUMO!!! Overall a delicious dinner and my FIL said he loved it. He has liked my cooking since DH and I started dating so I know he will appreciate all things I make. ;0) Hope you get a chance to try these delicious recipes and tell me your thought! Have a great day!

2 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Looks yummy and I looked the recipes - they all sound great - I may have to try them next weekend. This weekend I made the best brownies. Cookie dough on the bottom, a layer of double stuffed Oreos, and then brownie mix on the top. It was awesome! Thanks for sharing all this - YUMO indeed.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Stacy your meal sound delicious and I must see if I can find the peach cobbler in the crock pot recipe. Sounds wonderful!

Cheers!
Jennifer