Friday, September 28, 2012

Fall decorations

Hi all and happy Friday! We have a fun treat for you today! Since Autumn was officially ushered in less than a week ago, we decided to pick up one of Flourishes' sets that honors the season! We're talking about the set Falling Leaves. Before I get to my creations....
 Flourishes is having a..... Need to stock up on decorative paper? Well, now is your time! All decorative paper in the Flourishes store has been marked down a whopping 25%! No codes needed, the price has already been marked down. So, hit the store and stock up! We have some beautiful papers with shades of autumn, Christmas papers, plus some oldies but goodies as well! Click HERE to see! This sale will take place for 48 hours -- FRIDAY and SATURDAY ONLY! So, head on over before some of your favorite papers are gone! ;-)
  Now for my creations. The leaves in this set are super cool and fun to color. Two simple creations for you today. First up is a CAS card. I took my favorite leaf in the set and stamped it along the bottom part of my card. I am using the beautiful Color Made Easy Sunflower collection paper and the ribbon in the collectio antique gold.
The leaves are colored using a few copic collections:



Once colored I added some of the beautiful white cotton lace trim and added a finishing touches antique copper ribbon slider to finish it off. For my second creation I had some fun. Decorating the table for holiday's usually means we have a few tables with the large group we have. The kids table is sometimes left pretty bland in decorations since the little ones are not as careful with things.

 This year I thought it would be fun to have some little touches for them too. I took our Tailor made classic keyhole die and made a toosie roll holder and napkin holder. For the tootsie roll holder I punched out the die using a piece of the Color Made Easy Terra Cotta collection since the one has some fun textures to it. Once I punched it out I scored a little 1/4 inch section in the middle so that it will stand up right. The extra label punched out made for a great flap to close it up, with some gold metallic cord for a bow. My sentiment is from the set A Season of Thanks that I places on the front with some gold brads.For the silverware and napkin again punched out the label and simply folder it in half and closed with the label for a flap.
My leaves are from Falling Leaves that I colored using the same copic collections above. Once they were colored I simply cut them out and popped them up on dimensionals over the flap. Added a brad and some matching gold mettalic string with a bit of fairy dust added and voila. The kids will have a fun decoration and this way if it gets torn or ruined not a lot of work will be destroyed.  ha!
Be sure to check out the beautiful fall creations from the design team : 


13 comments:

Francie (Montreal) said...

Lovely card and place setting decorations. Really nice.

Dee in N.H. said...

Beautiful table decorations!!!!Your leaves are perfect with that pretty fall paper.

Joan V said...

Stacy, this card is breathe taking. I love the coloring of your leaves and the gold ribbon and embellishment. So elegant.
Thanks for sharing your table decoration, too. Love the idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

Heather Rogers said...

What a beautiful card and stunning place setting. :)

Hugs~

Tricia said...

Stacy I love the coloring on your card. GORGEOUS!! And what a neat place setting! The kids will love the tootsie roll part, especially!!! : )

TLady said...

LOVE BOTH of your creations!!!! LOVE your card! It's ELEGANT! AND your place setting goodies, LOVE them!!!!!!!!!! When I think fall, I tend to think Thanksgiving Table too! :)

ChristineCreations said...

Beautiful coloring on that card Stacy! And I love the place settings for the kids table! You're going to be the favourite with those tootsie rolls :)

Marisa said...

Wonderful card and just loving the table decor!!

downrightcrafty said...

oh wow love the card super colouring and such a classy look, and what a creation with your napkin holder so quirky and fun
Hugs Kate xx

Unknown said...

Wow!! Beautiful card, and table settings!! Love your fall colours...and your colouring!!

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, Stacy! Your leaves are so beautifully colored! Love your card and table decoration! Have a great weekend! Hugs

Beate said...

Stacey, your card and table decor are beautiful!
have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles

Tammy Hershberger said...

How sweet,, Stacy! Your table will be beautiful! Your coloring is terrific, too!