Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Thinking Geraniums

Happy Power Poppy Blog hop! That's right all the sneak peeks are over and you can print and play along today, that is unless you have already been printing the last three days.  hee hee  :-)  The beautiful world of digi images. Yea!

My creation today is using the new Geraniums. I wanted a blue colored creation (imagine that) and found this awesome picture as my inspiration. I actually an unable to grow these flowers where I live. Mostly because I have a brown thumb as they say, but the heat here in the summer is brutal for these flowers. There are a few around town but I think they do some special tenting in the winter for them too. But who knows... my brown thumb is probably the biggest issue with growing them. Anyways.... this was my color focus!

They are die cut with Spellbinders Classic ovals once colored and layered with the Opulent Ovals die shape. Used my Lace Scraps tutorial for the lace backing and added some dots texture to the white layer which matches the larger dots in the designer paper. Voila!

Check out the creations from the Bloom Brigade:
  Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Danielle Kennedy
Dawn Burnworth
Dina Kowal
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Tosha Leyendekker

Enjoy hopping and have a FABULOUS day! 


5 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, your photo inspiration card is spot on! Gorgeous coloring, and I know how much you LOVE blue (so do I - ha!). Another beauty!! Hugs!

ChristineCreations said...

I love that they are gorgeously blue...so you Stacy! It’s a beautiful design, especially with all the polkadots!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

I love your blue geraniums! They so beautifully colored too. The little bit of white embossing and the poke-a-dot blue peaking out from behind is super pretty. Love all the layering.
I thought you'd like to know I make blue poppies with the country bouquet and I also found a picture to justify my choice.

Kathy Jones said...

Ooooooooh!!!!! Beautiful!!! Love how you've cut and framed your geraniums and all the dotty goodness!! Beautiful as always Stac!

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous Stacy! Love the embossed dots mixed with your polka dot paper! Blue... your signature colour... and it's beautiful!