Sunday, July 5, 2015

FS439 Asters Abuzz

Good morning! This weeks Featured Stamper 439 is Jo Ann aka Sinclair. This girl likes easel fold cards I can tell right now.  ;-) I choose this 60th birthday card to case. I kept with flowers, similar colors, gilding, square and decorative shape. Changed the flower, gold instead of silver gilding, some colors and added a button and gold cord.  
Hope you can play along! 


My case was perfect to show off the new Asters Abuzz digi from Power Poppy today. Marcy has some wonderful inspiration behind this new digi over on the PP Blog. Be sure to check it out. Instead of the silver gilding mine is gold using the fabulous new gold krylon pen that my sweet friend Katie sent me. I was trying to think like Katie when I was using this and well, I need more practice as you can see. hee hee  The flowers are colored with various Copic markers. Some gold jewels for accent and a Spellbinders scalloped edge for the base. This beautiful Heart and Soul Collection was perfect for the background base and inside of the card you see below. Isn't this sentiment so sweet? 


Be sure to check out the creations from the girls today:
 Julie 
Tosha 
Cheryl
Cindy



7 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, what a beautiful card, and I love the colors you've used! And woohoo with the Krylon pen! You've used it well, girl!! I love it, and it really adds even more beauty! This is just such a beautiful image, and you've really showcased it...along with making a beautiful inside for this card! Hugs!!

Julie Koerber said...

So pretty in pink Ms. Stace! And, I agree -- Katie has it going on when it comes to the splashes of gold! So nice of her to share her secret weapon with you! :-) Love the soft, feminine feel of this one with the little gold cording, soft colors and beautiful die cut backdrop!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh Stace...this is "sweet" at its finest!! I LOVE the turquoise clover!! And your leaves just pop with the bright centers! LOVE how you colored them! Your card just makes me smile!!

Christina Hor said...

Stacy, what a soft feel to this gorgeous floral! The mix of colors on the floral work so beautifully together. I just love everything about this card.

Leslie Miller said...

Wasn't that nice of Katie! Your gold looks perfect and very pretty and I think Katie will be proud of you. Beautiful coloring. Awesome fabulous card, Stacy!

Kathy Jones said...

Beautifully done Stacy and how sweet of Katie to send you a gold pen - you've done a wonderful job with it!! :)

Traci M said...

That is the fun thing about being friends with fellow stampers...I can remember doing swaps/birthdays/etc...on SCS back in the day. It is nice when stampers share...and you did the gold Krylon pen proud! I love those but always am a bit shaky. Wonderful coloring and beautiful card, Stacy!!