Monday, April 4, 2016

Just like Costco's chocolate cake

Good morning. Well this might not be exactly like Costco's 7 layer chocolate cake but my friend will love it just the same. hee hee  I created a birthday card for my friend using the new digi (that is on special today) and used her favorite cake as inspiration. Have any of you had that 7 layer chocolate on chocolate cake from Costco? It has chocolate shavings on the outside even. Super SWEET. Oh my word... I can barely eat a small sliver of a piece of that cake its so sweet. She however LOVES it. A chocolate fan for sure.


Needless to say that was my inspiration for this card. This is called Layer Cake. I die cut the cake panel using Lil Inkers stitched rectangles die. My cake is colored with several Copics in the chocolate coloring. hee hee  The silver balls on the cake have added sparkle to them but hard to see in the photo. Added some die cut perky posies flowers and some flourished chocolate die cuts. Voila! She is going to like this I am sure of it. This digi is on sale today as the last of the Power Poppy 2nd birthday celebration. Check out the PP store! Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, that's so cute, Stacy!! What a great birthday image this is and you did it up just fabulous! Love those flowers and swirlies in the corner. Your friend will love it!

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous card Stacy - and that cake looks pretty yummy to me! :-)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, you have outdone yourself with this YUMMY cake, and it does remind me of the Costco cakes! They are amazing! Your friend is going to LVOE this, and what dimension, Stacy! The little sweets on the side just pop! Yum! And I love these dies for the "dressing" up of this "pretty." I really love the Lil Inkers stitched rectangles - worked perfectly! You rock, girl! Hugs, sweet friend, and I hope you are having a fun time stamping on spring break! xoxo

Davi said...

Stacy this is a SUPER card!! Love your chocolate cake and the balls have such great dimension! The fun flowers and flourish along withe complementary lavender really finish off your beautiful Yummy cake :)

Barb said...

Your card is very sweet, Stacy! I love your coloring and all the little details you've added. I am sure your friend was very pleased with her card!