Friday, September 9, 2016

Cheer somebody up

Happy Friday! Did you see the latest news over at Power Poppy? Check out our fun for September with the 
http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2016/09/power-sparklette-mini-challenge-week-1.html

Yes, we have a fun month for you! You can see all the details of our Power and Sparklette challenge on this post HERE. There is over 104 entries already and some are fantastic to read. So grab a cup and sit down so you can catch up before the next Power and Sparklette challenge posts. hee hee  


My creation today is using Aqua Markers. Oooohhhaaaahhhh. yea right! LOL  I am making another attempt at using watercolor of some sort and each time I always feel that I fail and do it wrong. Not that I don't like this card but it just seems like it isn't like other watercolor cards I see. If that makes any sense. I stamped this darling bloom from Prairie Cheer that I then colored with aqua markers. Using my water brush or whatever the thing is called I tried to blend the two colors on the petals a bit. Stamped the sentiment that I am coming to just LOVE in the left corner and added a few brads as accents. Voila! Be gentle in watercolor comments please.  ;-)  I am still trying. 

Be sure to check out the Bloom Brigades creations:
Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber




7 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Pretty posy Stacy! Love the depth of colour in your leaves...great job with the aqua markers!

Leslie Miller said...

Hey, Stacy, I just finished watercoloring this bloom with markers this morning and yours looks every bit as good as mine, not that I'm an expert. It seems like I'm always learning and experimenting. Your flower center looks way better than mine, in fact. You really got a lot of detail. That's hard with watercolors. I love this sentiment, too. The script is so fun, and your card has a very fun and cheerful look to it. Keep it up... you rocked the watercoloring!

Allison Cope said...

What a glorious blue beauty Stacy! Love the sentiment you chose - gorgeous details!

Lisa Lara said...

Love your sweet card Stacy. What a great quote!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, I LOVE this, girl!! Your watercoloring is fabulous, and I love the shading and colors of the petals. Great job on them, and I love your watercoloring. I've still working on it myself, but I think this is fabulous! I love the DP and the great enamel does, and this is a great sentiment! Beautifully done, sweet friend! Yay! Now go do some more watercoloring, and I shall too! Hehe! Hugs! xoxo

Danni said...

I think you did a wonderful job with watercolor on this gorgeous card!! I love the blues!! Great card!

Davi said...

Stacy the blues are Wonderful!! YOur beautiful card makes me smile :)