Monday, October 31, 2016

Tis the Holly to be Jolly

Gasp! You know what I heard yesterday morning? The first Christmas song on the radio. Squeel.... My stomach did a little tingling and I was instantly excited! Usually I think you need to wait until after Thanksgiving to play the music on the radio, but it was so fun to hear a little jingle right then.  In my defense I create Christmas cards all year round so a little music isn't a surprise. Lately I have had sometime to create and I need to finish cards for a few of the girls orders and some tags. So be watching as I have more to come.  I will try to work in a few more of the fall and Thanksgiving cards for you though.  :-)  


Who doesn't love this new Holly Golightly set? Swoon!!!!  The single holly sprig is stamped in the left corner and die cut with Lil Inkers rectangles die. Colored the holly with various Copic markers then layered over more of the My Minds Eye Cozy Christmas paper. Added a red die cut panel using ODBD Beautiful Borders die to the left edge. Stamped the sentiment and die cut with a Spellbinders Circle. Added the lovely sequins and sparkle to finish it off. Voila!


3 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, that's early for a Christmas carol...the day before Halloween - eek! That really makes me feel panicky! I need LOTS more cards! What a gorgeous card with this beautiful holly spray, and what a great layout with the DP and one of my favorite ODBD border dies. Lovely touches of red with the green. You are so amazing and disciplined to be making cards throughout the year, and I so commend you. I want to be more like you!! Hopefully, next year I can do better?! Hugs, sweet friend!

Leslie Miller said...

I'm glad you've had some time to stamp, Stacy. Those Christmas carols can really get you in the mood for Christmas cards, but it sure is early to be playing them. This is ultra-pretty with your classic crisp white. I love the red border and you've colored the holly so beautifully. The perfect designer paper, too. I've received my stamps and will be using them soon, I hope.

Davi said...

Im not quite ready for Christmas songs yet lol!! Love the way you off centered the Holly, it is a beautiful image. The dp and little pops of red border and sequins really look perfect with it too :)