Monday, June 11, 2018

Congrats Poppy

Good morning. Hopefully you had a good weekend. Today is the first day of summer at our house and boy are they excited.  ;-)  What shall we do with these long lazy days? How about a little coloring? Grabbed my Poppy XL and colored up a congrats card today. 


Now I have to say that normally when I decide to color with red shades I cringe. They never seem to turn out quite like I want or blend or whatever other reason. However this card actually I think turned out pretty good in red hues don't you? This poppy is so fun to color and I wanted it to be the focus so very little embellishments. A simple dippled border verses my scored border I tend to do. A few sequins and voila. Look ma... so sparkles even. hee hee  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your first week of summer. Woot woot!

3 comments:

Pauline said...

What a beautiful card Stacy! I love the red hues and that this poppy takes center stage on your card. Your right, no need for much in the embellishment line. Tastefully done! Enjoy your day.

Leslie Miller said...

It turned out darn good, Stacy! Looks like you've got a bit of yellow in the bloom, maybe other colors as well, not sure, but maybe that's what makes it look so awesome. Beautiful job on this gorgeous bloom! I'm excited for you to be starting your summer!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, this is gorgeous! I LOVE your coloring and the hints of colors other than red! Beautifully done taking center stage with a great layout using the strip of DP at the bottom and the dippled border! I LOVE it! Enjoy the summer...it's flying by already! Hugs and love! xoxo