Saturday, January 1, 2011

Recycle and Reuse 2011

Today is a fresh start at a New Year. Which means a new year of Christmas Spirit Challenges from Flourishes. The challenge this month is to Recycle or Reuse something you recieved at Christmas. Ribbon or twine from a package, how about a fancy box from a gift, or how about that lovely wrapping paper? Check out Flourishes thread in the SCS Forum for all the details HERE.

I got this red stripped ribbon on a few packages all in one big package, so I saved every morsel they used. Makes for an easy peasy card. This sentiment and candy cane are from Sweets of the Seasons . I added a few pearls and a button for accents. Very simple and my goal is to make atleast 3-5 of each card I make for the Christmas Spirit challenge so I won't be short this year. I was a few short this year and well... if you didn't get a card from me you know why. :0) I won't this year! Hope you can play along! Have a wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Beautiful card and so wise to be frugal in these tough times.
Happy New Year to you and yours!
Lynne xxx

Emily Keaton said...

I love that sweet ribbon you recycled, Stacy! I saved some ribbon from a few packages, too. Hope to play along sometime this month!! Love your adorable card. :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

Am hoping I can get myself more organized in this new year so I can join the Flourish challenges more often and USE some of my stamps that are still virgins

Your card is simply fabulous.

Happy New Year

Susan (rainy) said...

Love this fresh and crisp design. Wonderful card, Stacy.

Happy New Year!

Kerri said...

I was very short this year, and need to be much better in 2011:) Your card is fabulous Ms. Stacy and that ribbon is GORGEOUS! I can see why you saved it! Happy New Year, woman:)