Friday, September 30, 2011

World Card Making Day


In honor of World Card Making Day on Saturday, October 1st, we're kicking things off one day early in a wild and wacky fashion! Have we got a challenge for you! It's all about that inner kid and why we love card making in general - we get to be creative! So, think like a kid and share your favorite animated character. Find a picture of that character and then, be inspired by the colors for one fun-filled color challenge! We'll take entries through next Thursday, October 6th at 5PM EST. The winner of this challenge gets a fun-filled prize pack with 5 Flourishes stamp sets of our choice. Once you're done with your creation, simply link up on this post using our Inlinkz widget. If you upload to Splitcoaststampers, please use the keyword FLLCWCMD11. Th-th-tha-that's all folks!





I have to tell you that Chip n Dale was and is still my favorite cartoon to watch. They are so adorable and fun, love them. I will tell you a little secret too.... when we saw them at Disney World a few years ago... gulp... I almost pushed the boys out of the way to get to them for a photo.Yep! I admit it and not ashamed either. ha ha I love these guys and so do my boys which makes it all the better. Anyways, on to my card. Not what I had planned. Infact didn't turn out like I had it pictured in my head either. However time was away from me this week as I have a few things going on here at home with grandma's and filling in for my mom at the college. So needless to say this is what I got and nothing more today. Sorry! I am really tired if you can't tell from my post. Easy peasy info as I used the darling Country Charm Labels set for my card. Colored the flowers with R29, added some of the new Iridescent cream ribbon and a few pearls. Be sure to check out the creations from the Design Team today:
Christine
Cindy
Julie
Dawn
Danielle
Barbara
Tammy
Sharon

22 comments:

petra,s cards said...

verry stunning and elegant card stacy!
xx petra

Lynne said...

Chip `n Dale are so cute and the colours are perfect for this time of year. Definately my kinda card.
Lynne xxx

Debbie said...

Love your card. Especially that you used the red and black for their noses... What a fun way to celebrate and I've always loved Chip & Dale myself. My girlfriend could never tell them apart so I let her in on on a little secret. Their noses, Chip has the black nose (for chocolate chips that's how I remember) ..lol

Hugs
Debbie

Crystal said...

Beautiful Stacy!!!

Deborah Anton said...

Simple and sweet!! Slowly catching up!!

Amanda said...

I don't care hat you say, Stacy, that is one Beautiful card!! You can't get any more elegant and pretty then that!! I love it! :)

Julie Koerber said...

Ok.. not only do I love your color combo but I love the sweet simplicity of your card -- it's perfect. Just love the way that little flower pops!

Leslie said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Stacy! Love the choice of colors and that label is awesome!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Great card Stacy! Love Chip and Dale, what a fun challenge.

Dawn B. said...

This is my all time favorite Flourishes set. You did a great job with this creation. I am sending hugs and prayers your way. I will email you later tonight. Off to baseball now.

Leslie Miller said...

It's sweet, Stacy! Very pretty, and it looks very Chip 'n Dale-ish in those colors. Chip 'n Dale were some of my favorites, too! Hope you can have some "you time" this weekend.

Lisa Lara said...

What a fun challenge. Such a beautiful card Stace.

Kathy Jones said...

This is so beautifully elegant!!! Who could have imagined that Chip n Dale could inspire such beauty!! ;-)

dpkennedy said...

I love your inspiration and these colors! Your card is cas and oh so pretty! Beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!! its looking so beautiful supper designing i love it...
Plastic business cards
Plastic Card

Ravengirl said...

What a darling card! Chip and Dale are so fun!

Cheryl said...

I love your take on Chip n Dale! A classy card for a couple of classy guys!!! ;D Seriously, though, I love the ribbon and floral tag, and it's truly a beautiful creation.

stampqueen said...

Cute card - love the Chippys too!!!

Lea L. said...

Very cute card, and inpsiration!! Awesome job!

Tanya said...

Beautiful, classy! Amazing how you can get inspiration from anywhere. Fantastic card!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful card, Stacy! LOVE the polka dots, and the rich tones inspired by your Disney twins!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://nike-air-max-basketball-shoes-reviews.nikego8.com]nike air max basketball shoes reviews[/url]
[url=http://air-jordan-vi-carmine.nikego8.com]air jordan vi carmine[/url]
[url=http://nike-air-max-2009-white-red.nikego8.com]nike air max 2009 white red[/url]
[url=http://retro-air-jordan.nikego8.com]retro air jordan[/url]
[url=http://nike-jordan-wear.nikego8.com]nike jordan wear[/url]
[url=http://reebok-white-trainers.nikego8.com]reebok white trainers[/url]
[url=http://nike-jordan-uk.nikego8.com]nike jordan uk[/url]
[url=http://cute-high-heels.nikego8.com]cute high heels[/url]
[url=http://nike-jordan-93.nikego8.com]nike jordan 93[/url]
[url=http://nike-air-max-2009-purple.nikego8.com]nike air max 2009 purple[/url]