Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy Anniversary

Happy Monday! My weekend was a blurr of soccer games, dinner with friends and my dad's 60th birthday. Hope you had a great weekend also. Just a quick card to show you today. Christine has really been encouraging me at trying publication calls and I really appreciate it. This is one I entered and they turned down. I love how it turned out personally. I used Medallion Motif stamped in night of navy on kraft paper. I then cut out the medallion and popped it up on dimensionals. I used two Spellbinders Classic Circles and cut out the center ring and popped it up on dimesionals as well. Then used the Spellbinders Nested Pennants for the sentiment tag. Added some pearls around the medallion and finished it off with a twine and button combo. What is really handy was using the Grand Calibur to cut out all the pieces needed at one time, it is great!
Lots coming in the next week or so. Flourishes Pre-challenge for the October release next week. Clear Dollar Stamps October release starts Friday. Totally Stampalicious has a October release and blog hop. I have a lot to get done and less time to do it in. Hope you have a great day, see you back here Friday for sure!

7 comments:

Peggy said...

Gorgeous card Stacy! Love the Medallion! Happy Birthday to your Dad!

Emily Keaton said...

This is a beauty, Stacy! I just used that medallion today, too, and LOVE how it looks. These colors are great!

Marisa said...

Love the card! Their loss :) Great use of the focal medallion, love the multi-looped bow and the text BG paper. Great colour combo too.

Kerri said...

I can't believe they turned this down! Absolutely GORGEOUS, Stacy! Sounds like you had a fun weekend:)

Tanya said...

Beautiful card Stacy! Loving the colors and that fabulous medallion.

Debbie said...

Someone had a busy weekend... Hope you enjoyed... I miss those busy weekends with my boys... not the freezing part of sitting on the sidelines though lol

Anyway, love the card
Hugs
Debbie

ChristineCreations said...

Beautiful...and I will KEEP encouraging you to submit too :)