Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Flourishes Mini Blog Hop

Over on the Flourishes blog we are doing a little mini blog hop with alterables. This summer at CHA a few of us fell in love with the Kaiser booth and the fabulous new alterables they came out with. This dress form below called Mannequin Die Cut had to be the favorite of all I believe. So we all decided to dress up and show you what we made.
For my dress form I have painted it in just some basic craft white paint front and back. Once this was dry I added scor pal tape to the back and actually layed it over my designer paper with all the edges left hanging out. I then took a knife and cut along the frame so that it was an exact fit for the wood frame. These gorgeous roses are actually not lavendar they are a caramel stone, however I sponged just the tips of them with some lavendar ink so you get the best of both worlds on color. Now you can add flowers in all colors just look at the variety! Here is a close up of the mid-section to see the lace and flowers closer. I just adore how this turned out. The wrinkled lavendar ribbon is perfect width as it doesn't hide the cotton ecru trim that I added at the waist and the same at the bottom. No dress is complete with out a few pearls.

This is a gift for a friend of ours teenage daughter and I know she is going to love it. Now hop on over to the girls and see what they came up with today! Miss Christine --- BLOG CANDY and Miss Cindy. Have a wonderful day!



20 comments:

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Love this!

Unknown said...

Beautiful TFS.
Debbie
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
debbie_craine at hot mail dot com

Betty Benton said...

This is lovely, Stacy! Wonderful colors and I love all those pearls! The row across the top caught my eye first and then I kept finding them in other places -- FUN!

Cindy Haffner said...

Stacy I LOVE this!!

Shaela said...

stunning project - I love the trim along the bottom :)

Tanya said...

so pretty, loving the lavender!

Wanda Cullen said...

I am really loving these beautiful mannequins "all dressed up"! What a special gift!

Marisa said...

How sweet is this! Love it. Ready for the Paris runway :)

Michelle Woerner said...

So beautiful!!!

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Amanda said...

Stacy, this is Boutique worthy!!! If you made some to sell, you would sell out in minutes!! I am stunned and so in love with this piece of art you have created! I love the pearls going down Each of the "spines"!! That is my favorite details :)

Beate said...

Stacy, your dress form is gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS!
Hugs and smiles

Lillian Child said...

That lavender bling really accentuates this amazing creation!

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous!

Jo said...

Very nice!!

April said...

Stacy, you did a beautiful job! I love it!

stampqueen said...

Awesome!! Love the purple pearls!!!

ChristineCreations said...

This is beautiful Stacy, so elegant and polished looking. I love how the lace looks along the hem.

Cindy Lawrence said...

BeaUtiful, Stacy!!! Love the elegance of all the pearls, mini-roses and ribbons, and that color combo is deLISH!

Leslie said...

OMG! That purple and beige are stunning! Great job!