Wednesday, November 23, 2011

New Dining Set.... Sorta

I promised I would post pictures of my latest project and here it is. DH's uncle bought some gorgeous material in Egypt for me a few years ago for my dining room chairs. And I am just now getting around to re-upholstering them, right before a major holiday I know crazy. However it only took me a week. This is what the chairs looked like before. See Ranger peeking out of the corner? hee hee
Below is a picture of the chairs with the panels removed. The material is stapled along the sides, top and bottom. Material is cut and wrapped around front and back of the back panel, and on the top of the seat. We counted about 250 staples per chair. EEK! When I said my hands hurt I was not kidding. These staples were really hard to take out. I had a baby ice pick to dig up under it, then a small screw driver to loosen it more then needle nose pliers to pull it out. I started that all on Monday, by Saturday morning when my mom showed up I had one panel left to do.
We started at 8 am with the first panel. Trying to figure out a routine and how you want to add this new material was a little tricky. We took a gamble on not cutting the material down the sides and instead wrapping it around (still stapling it) just not cutting and it paid off. Lot less cutting and seem to go a bit faster. Now the silly staple gun we rented was not the best however it worked and we got done with everything that evening. The only thing left to do was redrill holes for the seat and attach it back to the bottom. I had new cushions cut at the local foam shop, what a GREAT idea as now you don't sink down like you are sitting in a hole. ha ha Early Christmas present to me. My mom was awesome help and did all the stapling since I took them out. Thanks mom, and please don't edit my grammer. Yep she read my blog again and said I need to edit my posts better. Ha....

Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving


6 comments:

Tanya said...

They look beautiful! this is something I've always wanted to try if I found the right chairs. Awesome job! Happy Thanksgiving :D

ChristineCreations said...

They really are snazzy my sweet friend. A work of love and will look SO nice! Happy Thanksgiving lady!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Stacy, they are gorgeous! Well done! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Marisa said...

Well done!! They look fabulous! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family :)

Linda Carson said...

Move over HGTV! Your chairs turned out stunning! I'm impressed by your hidden talent!

Joanne (jojot) said...

they look FABULOUS....and worth every staple you used