Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Scripture Stand Fall side

Finally got this started yesterday. I have had this stand that I bought from Taylored Expressions now for about 6 months with the intention of making (for lack of better term) scripture stand for the boys teacher last year for a gift. Well I never got to it and now I will need to work on it all summer for the teacher this year. ha! I wanted a scripture keeper that could be displayed large enough all year long and this stand is perfect. Not only can I have several scripture, they can also be displayed from and back. Here is the first one that I have using Clear Dollar Stamps Psalms 37:3-5 single scripture stamp. The paper is from Prima's Meadow Lark collection. Ofcourse these gorgeous blooms are from my friend Pat. Who spoils me rotten with these beautiful blooms. I only share them with special creations and since this is for the boys teacher next year I would say they are perfect. My plan is to have half the scriptures displayed in fall and winter colors, the other half spring and summer. I figured with being able to put them front and turn it around and have another side I can get a lot of scriptures displayed. I have so many scriptures not to mention what you can just print out that I will be busy and might end up with a few of these. Now if you would like to be really crafty and make your own stand, check out my sweet friend Julie's blog post HERE. She created her own stand that you might be able to use.
The boys have VBS all this week so I am home cleaning or stamping hee hee. Working on a few other projects for Christmas that I will share with you soon. Working ahead not only saves me time come December it also is less stress. ;0) Thanks for stopping in with me today.

8 comments:

Corrinne said...

Beautiful creation, Stacy! Your idea would also work for a "book", then you can just flip through them to display what creation you'd like. It can change with your decor or even rooms that you display it in - WONDERUL!

I would be oh, so happy if you joined us at Tuesday Alchemy http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com

Lots of joy!

Marisa said...

Beautifully done, Stacy! Just love that flourish and "need" to get it! You have framed the verse beautifully.

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card. I love everything about it!

Denise Marzec said...

GORGEOUS, Stacy!!....I'm with Marisa....I NEEEEEED that die!

Cherie said...

Oh my gosh1 This is so beautiful! TFS!

Tracy said...

This is so lovely Stacy. The brown and yellow are such a pretty color combination and your scripture looks perfect hanging on that sweet little stand. Hugs!

Cheryl said...

How pretty, and thoughtful. I know the teacher who receives this will love it!

Debbie said...

Another stunner, the swirls and your flowers are just perfect for the scriptures expecially since the flowers they are from a special friend.

Hugs
Debbie