The test for the parasite came back and come to find out he does not have any parasites, which is GREAT. The levels were high more than likely do to pollen or something to do with allergies, but we are parasite free and the vet was very pleased with that. Me not so much as now we are dealing with leaving Ranger on this medication.
The vet said his organs and everything looks great from the blood work. He was very pleased with the information. By this Friday he should be back to his playful self and acting normal with the level of medication he is on. If he is not then we will slowly back it down to a level that is normal behavior. Being that Ranger is only 2 years old he said that he wants to keep him on the med's for 6 months and then slowly take him off of it and not risk taking him off now until his body adjusts. He says the risk is too great if we try it now so he recommends the 6 month mark. DH and I agreed yet I am still a little leery of him on med's. I am not a huge fan of medications so this is a learning thing for me.
Ranger as you can see from the photo I took last night, wants to play and take his walks as usual which is great. Yet he still walks like a sailor home off leave for a few days. ha! Short walks it is as in 2 blocks and coming from our normal 2 mile walks this is huge. He is pretty tired after the walks so I know we are going far enough right now. Hopefully by Friday he is back to his normal furry self and I will feel a bit better. Thank you so much for all the prayers. A few of you have emailed me with helpful info and I do appreciate all of it. Let's hope that this is a case of one and done for both Ranger's sake and my own. :0)