Friday, February 5, 2016

Colored up rose

Good morning! Are you ready for the weekend? I am sorta... we have a busy weekend with several games Saturday. One of those games is the twins teams playing against each other. We will be the parents cheering for both sides of each play. LOL I will probably lose my voice and if I don't lose it from that game I will mostly certainly lose it on Sunday watching the Super Bowl! WOOT WOOT!! What a weekend ahead... 

Before we all get wrapped up into the festivities, over at Power Poppy we have quite the activity going on as well. Check out all our challenges we have for you to play in. Be sure to check out the PP Blog  for all the details! 




I can't forget to mention the newest beautiful digi from the Instant Garden collection Magnolia Sunshine. Oh what a sweet new digi and so spring like. Marcy shared some inspiration behind this new digi. "It’s hard to mess up Magnolia Sunshine. Whether colored in or left alone, this showy medallion-shaped bouquet, featuring a remix of Saucer Magnolias, Trumpet Daffodils, and Snowdrops, leaps off the page. It's jam-packed with joyful details and is the perfect springtime digi stamp to add to your collection."


Time was a bit short this week for creating, however I did manage to color up another digi using La Vie En Rose. Oh la la! This rose is gorgeous and fabulous to color. I went with copics and plan to get to another coloring medium for Ally's challenge next week for you.  ;-)  


When we originally released this rose I had masked out the tag that is attached to the rose for a free flowing rose creation and I kept that file. Gotta love being able to change a digi up. The sentiment comes from the other rose digi recently called Everything's Rosy. I just adore how you can intermingle digi's together just as I do my stamps. ha! Anyways... This is rather easy peasy design which lends to more focus on the beautiful rose I think. Just a few scattered jewels and some sparkle. Voila! 

Be sure to check out the creations from the Bloom Brigade today:
  Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Leslie Miller
Tosha Leyendekker

11 comments:

Becky said...

Love the vibrant red coloring. Great card. Thanks for sharing.

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Stacy, you sure do have a weekend jam-packed with activities! But, yes, you will certainly have no voice by Monday morning - hehe! What fun! I just love your card with this gorgeous rose you've colored to perfection! And the sentiment from Everything's Rosy is perfect with it (and, yes, I sure do love digis!). Beautiful card, sweet friend, and I always love how you know just where to add the sequins! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Stunningly gorgeous! The red is so vibrant and I love the shape of your card.

ChristineCreations said...

Just lovely Stacy! I love the touches of sparkle on the petals and the boldness of the red. Enjoy the games this weekend!

Leslie Miller said...

That big bold red rose is magnificent! Beautiful coloring on this, Stacy, and love it with the sentiment!

cghundley said...

Oh this is gorgeous!
Love that rose colored
up and the sparkle!
Carla from Utah

Teresa Doyle said...

Beautiful card, so well done!

Helen Gullett said...

Gorgeous and bold rose! Love it!

Traci M said...

What a cheerful card and so wonderfully colored!! The sequins are the perfect elegant touch, Stacy!!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

You have to love red roses, don't you think? Really beautiful Stacy. Cheers.

D.Ann C said...

Gorgeous! I particularly like your true-to-life leaves!!