Tuesday, November 21, 2017

So Grateful book

Finally you say... a fall themed creation. I did say I had one but needed to wait to post it for two reasons. One is it was a gift for my sister that now has this in hands. Second it was designed using the Hues To Use colors on the PP blog today.  :-)  Sneaky huh... ;-)


Back in 2002 I created a book that we write in every Thanksgiving with what we are thankful for over the last year. I have posted a picture of what our book looked like before as I had remade the original cover. It's always nice to look back over the years, especially the boys and what they write. How they develop more thoughtful and meaningful things to be thankful for as they have grown up. My sister wanted to start a book for her family so I created this one for her. And I must say I like her book more than my own now. HA!  I might need to recover mine again. Different skills and supplies come out over the years ya know.  :-)  Anyways...


The image is called Maize for Days that was printed to fit the panel I wanted. Various Copic colors were used to color the corn. A decorative Spellbinders die shape for the base. Some textured swiss dots to the cream panel and some colored brads added. Wrapped some crochet lace around the middle and some wrinkled ribbon that is probably the last of in my stash. Some gold sparkle added to the tops and voila! 
My sister loved this book. I dedicated the first page in it to her family from ours. Thanks for stopping by today. 

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Another favorite PP digi. Beautifully colored and designed, Stacy. A book like this would be a real family treasure, for sure.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a lovely idea Stace!! And such a beautiful book to store these treasured notes of thanks!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, wow! This is a gorgeous book, and your coloring is amazing! I love the depth you've achieved, and the Indian corn is so beautiful! What a precious idea to do each Thanksgiving, and what a keepsake as you look back over the years. Your sister surely loved this, and it will be a treasure for their family!! Hugs and love...and so grateful for YOU! xoxo

Julie Gearinger said...

Stacy, this is gorgeous! Love the idea of the Thanksgiving book- a treasured keepsake for sure!! Hugs and I hope you and your family have a very blessed Christmas season and New Year!!