Friday, February 23, 2018

Birthday Poppies

Good morning and happy Friday! Last weekend I went to the craft store and bought some new Prisma colored pencils and I have been playing this week with them. I will be sharing some of those creations next week. It sure has been a very different coloring medium from Copics I tell you. A nice change I would say. Anyways....

My creation today is using Poppies. I decided that it was the perfect set for the 40th birthday card I needed to create. 
I stamped the Poppies in the corner of my panel and colored with various Copic markers. Also stamped a few out so that I could cut them out and add them to the zero of the number die cuts. Pierced a simple border around the panel before adding to the base. Some pearls and sparkle to finish this off. Very crisp and clean feeling. Voila! 

Be sure to check out the Bloom Brigades creations today: 

Christine Okken

Katie Sims

Be sure to check out the Power and Spark challenge this month Love to Sparkle.

Up for a Challenge?

As well our colors hues of the week in the Hues To Use Challenge. Have a wonderful day. 



5 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

When you love to color it's always fun to try a new medium. I need to get my Prismas out again. You sure do a beautiful job with your Copics! Lots of practice gets you there. These poppies are so gorgeous. Love the color and that big "40". Together they're all you need to make a beautiful card!

ChristineCreations said...

Stacy I love your vibrant colouring on these poppies, especially with the stitched number. Such a pretty and fresh design!

Pauline said...

Stacy this is so pretty! I love your card design - the way you placed your main poppy image, and added some extra poppies to the zero, very cleaver. The pearls are a nice finishing touch. I must say you did a wonderful job colouring with the Prismas!

CherylQuilts said...

Stacy, what a beautiful card, and how exciting that you used pencils! What beautiful coloring, and I love the vibrant poppies and your layout! What a special card for a milestone age! Stunning! Hugs!

Traci M said...

I agree...such a fresh and pretty card!! Really love e the floral embellishment on the numeral die, Stacey!!