Friday, February 21, 2020

Wedding jewels

Today is a wedding card that turned out ok, with one exception. That exception was the designer paper wasn't so white and blue-ish as I thought once it was against white cardstock. Oh man! I was really frustrated because the whole point was the paper to be the vibrant spot against the white. Live and learn I guess. I do like how it turned out, just wish it was as vibrant as I had imagined it would of been with the paper. Anyways... enough whine from me.


This using Dream Wedding stamp set from Power Poppy. My cake is stamped on white and colored with various Copic markers. I then cut around the image to pop up on the die cut background piece. Added my sentiments to the bottom corner and then some flourished jewels to the base. My image panel and then lots of sparkle to the cake. Voila! 





5 comments:

Barbara said...

Stacy, You are too hard on yourself. I enjoy wedding cards that are not all white. The cake has great bright colors and the gem swirls make this card astounding! Loving that die cut with the swirls that accent the gems.

ChristineCreations said...

Well, I think it’s lovely. That cake looks so pretty, and the elegance of the die and sparkles are so pretty!

Barb said...

What a sweet wedding card! That cake! Soooo pretty! The recipients will be pleased with this one!

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

I'ts a awesome card Stacy, I think it's even better that the background paper is not as bright blue as you wanted it to be.
Now the wedding cake, a slight brighter blue than the paper, is the great focal point.
Thank you so much for sharing and have a wonderful weekend.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, I think it's gorgeous, Stacy! LOVE the paper! It's funny how we get something in our heads and then if it doesn't turn out that way we're disappointed when, in fact, to everyone else it looks absolutely perfect. Such a pretty stamp and card!