Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 9, Candy Cane treat box

Day 9 in my 12 days of Christmas, brings you to a project that my boys were sure I could make. They have been on me to make a candy cane shaped treat box for a few weeks so I went ahead and gave it a shot. Basically hand drew a 2 inch thick candy cane shape on scratch paper and cut it out on some classic white card stock. Then took a strip of card stock 11 inches long and scored 1/2 inch down one side adhered my score pal tape to the back, then began to wrap around the shape base. Cutting little slits in that 1/2 inch as it was curved around the cane. The 11 inch piece was not long enough to cover the whole shape, so I needed another little piece to wrap around and close off the candy cane. Then I cut out a few red stripes of paper to add to the side for the stripes. Some gingham red ruffled ribbon around the border at the top, add a few pearls and you now have a candy cane shaped treat box. Sheeshhh... the things I do for these boys. :0) ofcourse they then proceeded to tell me "See, we told you that you could make one" ha ha



This sentiment is from a new set at Flourishes called Petals and Peace that you will be seeing tomorrow! Today you have the chance to see a new set called Sentimental Christmas, so head on over to Flourishes Blog. Have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Peggy said...

What an adorable box!! You always come up with some unique projects to share! Love it!

America said...

WHAT AN ADORABLE candy cane box! Very creative and lovely with the pearls and yummy ribbon! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Stacy!!~

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a sweet treat package...love it

Naomi said...

LOL, this is SO cute and I love the back-story on it! Love the ruffled gingham ribbon and the pearls!

Beate said...

What an awesome project. Love it!
Hugs and smiles

Jacqueline Smith said...

What gorgeous box thanks for sharing with us.