Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Square Box Two


Supplies:

Cardstock, designer papers, scissors, cutting mat, adhesive, desired dies (shown Spellbinders Grand Labels) scoring tool.



Step 1:

Cut a piece of solid cardstock 7 3/4 inch width x 7 3/4 inch length. Score at 6 3/4 on all four sides. Snip the ends to form the box. Add adhesive and form box base. Set aside for now.

Step 2:

Cut a piece of matching cardstock 2 inch width x 10 1/2 inch length. Score at 1 1/2, 2 7/16, 8 1/4 and 9 5/16. Here I pre-folded the score lines for you to see


Step 3:

Die cut large Grand Label in matching cardstock. Decorate box flap if desired. I have added designer paper to match the inside of the box base


Step 4:

Take the flap piece and add adhesive to the end piece that measures 1 1/2. Adhere close to the edge of the die cut piece as shown. I place the box over the die cut panel to line it up and then added adhesive so it was snug


Step 5:

Add adhesive to the 1 inch scored portion on the flap and the rest of the box base BUT, don't go directly to the edge and leave a 2 inch gap on the right as shown. This is where we will tuck our end flap into the box to secure the contents.


Step 6:

Add the box base and secure to die cut panel as shown

Step 7:

Fold the flap over and secure under the right side. You can snip the ends of the flap (shown on the right) if you want. Or in my case I didn't leave enough room with the glue so I had to snip the ends. EEK!   ;-) 

Step 8:

Now you can open and close as you add cards. Finish decorating as desired.


Step 9:

My final gift box using Lilac Time for my cards. The sentiment panel I added is from Nice Things to Say. Added a button and a few pearls to the inside cards. Enjoy! 

No comments: