Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Today is going to be.....



Welcome to day two of our Nature and Nurture collection release at Power Poppy! If you missed the start head on over to the Power Poppy Blog for details about the other sets along with our new one today called In Praise of Sunflowers! Woot Woot!!!! If you didn't own the digi version already you will HAVE to own this set! What a display of fall feeling design. 


Recently I have been making a large attempt to use more of the designer paper that I have had forever. Usually I purchase it as it is so pretty and then don't seem to use most of it only one or two sheets. So here is another one that is from a pack of fall colored designs that was perfect for these sunflowers I thought. I stamped the vase of sunflowers on white cardstock and colored with various Copic markers. Die cut with a stitched rectangle and layered over this blue and chocolate panel. For fun stamped the sentiment along the side to finish off the circle part of the sentiment. Added some enamel dots and stickles to finish it off. Voila! 

Check out the Bloom Brigades creations today: 
Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Katie Sims
Tosha Leyendekker



8 comments:

Happy Stamper said...

Great job!! I also need to use more of my DSP!!

-Irene
mrsirenegarcia@yahoo.com

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie wow! This is fabulous, Stacy! All those colors in your DP are echoed in the coloring of your image and it looks amazing. Keep up the good work with your designer paper!

Jean said...

Just gorgeous!!

auntbubbels said...

I am so in love with this stamp. It is so real looking. Well I guess your coloring made it come alive.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, I'm with you about DP - I need to use more of mine! But wowie! I love how you've used it here and (like Leslie well said) echoed it in the beautiful sunflowers in the vase! It's gorgeous, and I love the layout with the fabulous enamel dots! Beautifully done, sweet friend! Hugs!! xoxo

Katie Sims said...

What beautiful patterned paper and I love your coloring of these blooms! What a great idea to stamp part of the sentiment up the side of your darling card! :)

Traci M said...

I'm glad to know somebody else in Stamp Land has a few extra sheets of designer paper to use!! I may try to challenge myself the same way if it means I could make such a pretty card!! You outdid yourself with your vibrant sunflower hues, Stacy!!

Pauline said...

Fabulous Stacy! Oh I hear you about DP - I have enough to last me several lifetimes. I always think it is so pretty I never want to cut into it, but I have forced myself several times! LOL. Back to your card- love how you have incorporated the colors from your DP into your image. Beautifully coloured, love the layout as well.