Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Soft floral sympathy for Mike

Morning. My creation today is a sympathy card. A friend of ours from my husbands previous job passed away this weekend. I can only imagine what Holly and the kids are going through right now.  It is very sad news to hear. Sympathy cards are always hard to make I think. This one is simple and soothing and sent with prayers. 


I stamped the flower from Soothing Sympathy onto white card stock. Then took a watercolor brush and washed over the image after I stamped it to add a softer touch to the ink. Layered a few colors of gray and soft sea foam colored card stock. Wrapped some sheer ribbon around the base and added a few pearls. Voila. Thanks for stopping by today. 


3 comments:

Pauline said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Beautiful card, so soft and elegant. The pearls finish this off nicely.

Leslie Miller said...

I'm so sorry you had a reason to make this lovely card, Stacy. It sounds as though your friend's passing was too young in life and completely unexpected. I like your idea for brushing over the ink to soften it. I'll keep that in mind. It's a beautiful effect.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, I'm so sorry about your friend and his wife and kids. What a deep loss, and I'm sure Holly loved this card and loved the note your wrote to her. It's such a beautiful and serene card, and it's a perfect card. Hugs and love! xoxo