Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Up North with the big guy

Happy New Year. We just got back from 10 beautiful days in Hawaii and I was itching to get coloring when we arrived home. Plus I had to get my card done for the first challenge of the Dirty Dozen Christmas challenges of 2019. Woot Woot!! 8 years marks this year and its been super fun. Hope you can join us. Check out the new January 2019 Challenge HERE.


 I did intend to use the Mojo Monday 505 Sketch for this but my Santa was just too fat. ha ha!!! So I just winged it with a little inspiration from Julie's sketch. There is some faux stitching down the left side of the blue panel and some added buttons and twine above the circle. Sparkles is always a fun addition. Voila!

Hopefully I can sift through the pictures to share in a bit from Hawaii, but laundry takes priority. The Christmas decorations will be pretty quick though as we have no tree to take down. I hope your first day of 2019 is AWESOME! This is my 2019 inspiration from Matthew West that I plan to focus on this year...







2 comments:

Bev Polen said...

Happy New Year, Stacy! OMGosh, Stacy! What a striking card! I love the beautiful blues and the gorgeous Santa image. The addition of the buttons is fantastic against the gorgeous designer paper! You did a great job designing this card! Hugs!

Leslie Miller said...

Stacy, as always, you've knocked it out of the park and given me a ton of inspiration. Just seeing your beautiful coloring and design this morning is a real treat. Love that paper, and this set is definitely a favorite that I've used quite a bit. The sketch gave you a great jumping off point, even if Santa was too fat to do it exactly. Hawaii for Christmas? Sounds awesome! Ohh, I know about the laundry when you come home. Matthew West's resolve is something we should all keep in mind. Happy new year!