Sunday, August 19, 2018

Awesomeness level

Good morning. I thought it was time to step into the stamp room and create this morning. It was going to be rather hard since Ranger was always my stamping buddy laying under the desk while I created. However I did fairly well and I did think about him. This week I did a lot of deep cleaning and kept myself busy with happy thoughts and knowing how much I loved him. 
The healing has begun as they say and we are all doing okay. Thank you for the sweet words of encouragement and for those that sent cards, THANK YOU! Very very sweet. 

Now for what I created this morning... 


Pulled out a sunflower from HeartFelt Creations that I think is retired called Sunflower Bouquet. After I colored the sunflower I delicately cut around the image so that I could pop it up on dimensionals. The good grain designer paper was the perfect background I wanted with some yellow and gray papers. Added piercing around the border and my little side panel. The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set and then finished it off with a few enamel dots in gray and some sparkle. Voila! 
Hoping you have a wonderful day today. :-)


3 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Very pretty and perfect for this time of year. I really like the grey background and the grey enamel dots.
Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Traci M said...

So pretty, Stacy!! Your sunflower is definitely a cheerful one!! Love your background as well! Might you give me your address as I did want to mail you a card? My email is themajorfamily@comcast.net. 😊

Leslie Miller said...

Awww, Stacy, it's good to see you creating. Good therapy when your heart is broken, but it sounds like you're thinking good thoughts and keeping your head up. What a beautiful card! Wood grain is one of my favorite papers. I always love it with flowers and it looks especially nice with this gorgeous sunflower. Love the band on the diagonal for a simple accent. Heartfelt seems to retire stamps rather quickly. This is one of their best. Still thinking of you, even though I'm late to comment. Playing catch up before we leave on our next trip. Hugs!