Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Friend you amaze me

My card today is using the set Vibrant Thanks. This card has several layers on top of layers which was not intended at all. 
I stamped the flower off on scrap paper before I stamped it onto the white base layer for just a hint of the image. The sentiment and the main flower are stamped onto the center white base. 


Then when I laid the vellum over the white base I stamped the flower lightly as I did the background. It really brought the flower depth out quite a bit that way and I didn't intend for that to happen, but it looks cool. To cover the glue dots holding the vellum over the white layer I added sequins to the corners. I really like how this turned out, heavy card or not.  :-)  Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day! 

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, beautiful! Vellum is like magic, isn't it? The blue flower is so gorgeous with all of Marcy's detail showing, and I love the faint blue stamping in the background. It may have some weight with the layers, but at least it doesn't have to be mailed in a box. I always keep some 2 oz stamps on hand, or if in doubt I'll put two stamps on it. Anything is better than a box or a bubble envelope unless I'm sending a gift with it. Love this, Stacy!

Bev Polen said...

Stacy, this is a beautiful card! You are right, the lightly stamped vellum really makes the flower pop! The lightly stamped flower on the white background is gorgeous and the touch of gray goes so well with the turquoise. Love the card, Stacy!