Friday, March 8, 2019

Daffodils anyone

Happy Friday! Last week Marcy released a set of new digi's remixed called Spring Border One and Spring Border Two. They are fabulous remixes that you should have in your collection. I decided to work on a few of the digi's in Spring Border One to start. Not to make this post so long I will separate out the cards and share the second set on Monday for you.  :-)  How about the daffodils today. Gosh knows I can use some sunshine and happiness with all this snow outside.  :-)  

Here is a picture of the two cards together. My goal was to go with a simple design for both. You will see on Monday with the Tulips in the new digi are going to see similarities in the set. 


My close up of the one. This is a great way to use up scraps of paper as well when you just use portions of the card front. A stitched rectangle for the image base. Various Copic markers for coloring. Just a little bit of silver cord wrapped around the bottom and a sparkly enamel dot for the top edge. 



The next close up you will see that I sponged a star like background with deeper shades on some and lighter on the others. A strip of scrap paper down the edge on this one. Added a die cut edge to the bottom and I actually cut the one edge wrong so I added the scallop edge beneath. Turned out ok though and then a few sequins to finish it off. 

This is actually turning out to be a fun little spring set. Be sure to check back on Monday for the tulip set.

Check out the Bloom Brigades creations today: 
Allison Cope
  Christine Okken
  Cindy Lawrence
  Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
  Katie Sims
Stacy Morgan
  Tosha Leyendekker


7 comments:

Cindy Lawrence said...

Oh Stacy, these are just the prettiest cards! The sunshiny yellow and white color palette just scream spring, and those daffodils are colored so so beautifully! That angled scalloped edge is definitely one of those moments when something fabulous comes out of a "mistake". It's seriously awesome, my friend!

ChristineCreations said...

EEE Stacy! These are so pretty and cheerful!

Leslie Miller said...

Stacy, I love the color on your daffodils and also love that you stayed with the cheery yellow for the paper borders. These couldn't be prettier! The crisp white background is clearly the best way to show off the image. Gee, a happy accident with the edge on your second card turned into a nice layered border. We should all have such accidents!

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

Totally in love with your gorgeous cards Stacy! Love how you put it all together on the card, it's inspiring how you did it. Thanks for this great post and have a wonderful weekend.

Camille Short said...

Lovely cards - I love all the yellow!

Pauline said...

Stacy, your cards are so delightful to see. Makes me smile with the bright yellow daffodils and lovely composition. Love them both. Sorry I'm a bit behind in my blog reading, just getting caught up.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, I love this sweet pair of daffodil cards! They are both so beautiful and make me smile. I keep on scrolling up to see them and then back to comment...but I got up again. Haha! I love them and love how even the accident with cutting the DP worked out perfectly. These are sweet and would make such a nice gift set. Love them, sweet friend! Hope you see and feel spring soon! Hugs and love! xoxo