Thursday, December 1, 2011

Ho Ho Ho... Merry Christmas

Happy December! Yes I am still alive everyone just overly busy at the moment. Recovering the dining room chairs for a week although it is gorgeous, I sure do have a lot of things to catch up on. Kids have half days of school so that throws a wrench into all my to do lists also. I do promise to get around to bloggin again very soon.
Right now it is Flourishes Christmas Spirit Challenge 20, Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas. Create a christmas card with Santa in mind. Use St. Nicholas image, presents anything he would bring Christmas eve. Be sure to link your creations back over at the Flourishes Blog!

This is the best Santa image ever, I am telling you. This is Santa, I Believe and finally found out how to stamp him in brown and have it look right. I am thrilled with this card. Pulled out my Stampin Up chalks from ages ago and colored in the cheeks, holly and his eyes. Added some super fine flower soft to the hat and a bit of Gelly Roll Stardust pen to the wire rimmed glasses. For a last minute touch added the sentiment from the set Christmas Sentiments. Be sure to check out Sharon's Blog today as she made a card for the Christmas challenge also. Have a great day!

4 comments:

Kerri said...

This card is AWESOME!!! What an amazing Santa image!!! I hear you on the busy. I'm glad I had a chance to stop by today:)

Dawn B. said...

Stacy this is one of my favorite stamps. I love the way you stamped yours. Great job. The pen on the wire glasses is the perfect touch.

Joanne (jojot) said...

This Santa just makes me want to wink back at him every time...fab

Naomi said...

This is a GORGEOUS card Stacy! You added just the perfect hint of colour using your chalks and I love the snowflake and take on the bow!

Hugs,
Naomi