Friday, December 30, 2011

Delight in the unexpected

Happy Friday! The boys go back to school next week. sniff.... sniff.... It has been a wonderful little vacation with Christmas. We will be taking down our decorations and our tree this weekend. Always sad to take it all down, however just means in 11 months we get to put it all back up. :0) DH went back to work on Tuesday, I think he was ready to go back after 6 straight days at home with us. He gets 4 days off with New Years! hee hee Gotta love it.

Over on the Flourishes Blog today we are focusing on tins. They make great little gifts for friends and not a lot of cost for something unexpected. Here is my tin that I decorated. A few weeks ago I made a matching card for the tin that I will show you below also. The paper is from Kaiser Krafts Miss Nelly pack, very feminine and girlie feeling. I stamped out the sentiment from Life Lines set on the Spellbinders Fancy Tags Three and popped it up on Dimensionals.For the flower shadow on the sentiment I used the single flower in Lace and trim. Some white lace trim around the hinged lid, then for a bit of flair I added some prima swirls and pearls to the back panel.
Here is the card that I made to match. The details on the card are found on this post.

Be sure to check out the creations the Design Team made with tins today:
Christine
Cindy
Julie
Dawn
Danielle
Barbara
Tammy
Sharon



14 comments:

Catherine said...

Fab little card and tin, so cute...

Debbie said...

I love altering things, and this tin is spectacular. What a great set you made!!!

Hugs
Debbie

Evette K. said...

Really a cute, cute tin and card set. Love the lace on the tin. And your colors are just so right on. Thanks for sharing and have a Happy, Healthy Blessed New year. ekc

ChristineCreations said...

So perfect and pretty Stacy. Really feminine feeling with all the lace and pearls.

Sounds like some good time with the kids has been had :) I'm ready for my tree to come down too, with a small house, it takes up a lot of space!

Julie Koerber said...

Just beautiful Ms. Stacy!!!! Love the swirl of pearls -- to elegant!

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty Stacy! Love that sweet lace trim; it fits perfectly around the top!

lisa808 said...

How very pretty.

Betty Benton said...

Sweet, pretty, and girlie! A beautiful set with both tin and card!

Leslie Miller said...

What a beautiful and feminine gift set! I love how the die fits the top of the tin. All finished off with lace and pearls -- gorgeous!

Tracy S said...

These are so pretty, How cool that you made a matching card to go with. Just beautiful!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Hi Stacy! Just stopping by to wish you and your family a blessed and Happy New Year! You are still making some amazing projects, I see! Never get tired of drooling over your work!!! Love and hugs, Angie

Tammy Hershberger said...

This is beautiful, Stacy... very fun and flirty!

America said...

What a pretty project. Lovely use of pearls.

Dawn B. said...

This is so soft and pretty. I love that everyone did something different. Great job. Our tree came down on Christmas Eve for traveling purposes. I was sad. Hope you had a great holiday.