Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Christmas Spirit Challenge 17


Good evening! Flourishes Christmas Spirit Challenge is an Inspiration piece this month. I am so excited to have so many Christmas cards already done this year. This is the coolest picture of a dining room, no way mine looks like this. But how cool would that be to have a room like this. I have two creations for this challenge. The first one here is using Warm Winter Wishes stamp set. I like this snowman so much, he just makes me smile. Added some of the new red and white checkered ribbon Flourishes got in from CHA. Obviously the colors were my inspiration in this card.
Now for my second creation I had some help from my DH. He is challenging me for one month to use no white in my cards and creations. GASP!!! Say what... I am not to use any white, that is insane. However I am in a rut and he thought this was a great solution and would force me to try other things. Ummm... okay I think. .

This is what I came up, I took the fan shape of the ornaments into account, the wood framing around the mirror and decorations. The tag is using a sentiment from A Gift for you. The paper on both the tag and card are from the new My Minds Eye paper pack called Lost and Found Christmas. The sentiment on the card is from Dove and Holly. Yes that is one white paper, however I did sponge it a bit, does that count? I used my new Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia for both my creations. I have so many ideas with this new Spellbinders and I can't wait to show you what I have been working onThis is so very very different from my normal work. I do like how it turned out. So maybe he is onto something with his idea. We will have to see. Thanks for stopping in tonight.

8 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

fabulous holiday creations....white or no white....beautiful

Tanya said...

These are gorgeous! My favorite is the snowman, he has been sitting on my wish list since his debut. It is a huge challenge not to use white, I tried it once, may not try again, lol!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love your creations!!! tfs!!

Emily Keaton said...

These cards are lovely, Stacy! That fan fold looks so fancy. Good luck with the no-white challenge this month!

Theresa said...

FABULOUS!! The snowman is just adorable, but the second card is just stunning. Love the DPs and the border punch around the fan. It's okay that a bit of white sneaks out - - it's gorgeous!!

Cheryl said...

Both cards are so pretty, but I'm partial to the second one. I love the folded fan and the border on the tag is just beautiful!

wannabcre8tive said...

Both cards and the tag are really pretty, but that snowman card really caught my eye. He is so cute.

America said...

These cards are so CUTE and have so many FUN details!!!!! :)