Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Appreciation cards

My new stamp arrived from Stamp Simply Ribbon store and I got to play with a few of the items I ordered. My creations today are showing both the Pastor Appreciation stamp sets. The designer papers on each card was the color influence since I am trying to work through more of the paper I have. 
This first one is classic feeling with the blue, red and white. The scripture is stamped on white and before I removed the ODBD Flag die I sponged it with some light blue ink. Added a red layer under and some texture to the blue base panel.  Wrapped some twine and a button for the accent. 


This next one is very olive green feeling and I wish I would of pulled more of the baby blue color out of the paper, oh well. Same thing with the scripture as I sponged blue before I removed the circle die. A few sequins are the accent for this one, along with a copper ribbon slider that I have been saving forever too. Gotta start using this stuff before I am one of those ladies on the horders TV show. ha ha Kidding... Anyways I like how both these turned out, now to make 3 more of each one I will have the men covered. Yea! 


Thanks for stopping in today. Enjoy your day! 


2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

These are very manly and beautiful, Stacy. I like the colors on each, along with the papers and embossing. Nice designs and accents. I had to look very closely to see the baby blue in the paper of your second card. Now you've got me curious as to how it would look with more blue, but I do like the variety in these two cards. Funny about using up your stuff, hahaha! I can definitely relate!

CherylQuilts said...

Stacy, these are fabulous, and I remembered seeing these sets and forgot to order them (until I saw your email -- they arrive on Monday so I can make my cards for our pastors). Thanks for the beautiful layouts and the wonderful DP you've used! I saw the blue you pulled out right away, so it's perfect in both cards. These will be dearly loved, I'm sure, and will definitely encourage the men! I think in today's culture we don't encourage men as much as we should. Bravo for these wonderful cards. Hugs and love! xoxo (P. S. I smirked a bit myself when I read about your using the ribbon slider and thinking about all the stuff we tend to either hoard, not use for one reason another, or just forget we have it. Ha!)