Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Butterfly birthday

Good morning!  Pulled out an older set called Majestic Butterflies from Sweet n Sassy for my card. It looks as if that stamp set is retired, but I did find several other sets with butterflies. I stamped several of the sizes to look like they were flying off the page to the right. I REALLY wanted to cut one out and pop up the wings but I did not. I wanted to but this needs to be a flat rate mailer card, next time...


Added some faux stitching around the edges. Layered a vellum fish tailed tab to the top left with a few enamel dots. My birthday sentiment and another enamel dot with some sparkles to the center butterfly. Voila!

3 comments:

Bev Polen said...

What beautiful butterflies on your wonderful birthday card, Stacy! I love the card, my friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, all those pretty butterflies so beautifully colored! You've somehow managed to give an almost transparent look to their wings. I'm sure enjoying all your stamping and coloring lately, Stacy. I draw a lot of inspiration from you.

Pauline said...

How did I miss this post! I love butterflies, and love how you designed this card. Lovely colours, and love the vellum banner. I can see that bit of sparkle, so pretty.