Friday, February 15, 2019

Penciled Rose with quote

Good morning and happy Friday. Marcy released a beautiful new digi from the Instant Garden called Vital Rose which can be purchased and printed now! :-) My watercolor colored pencils skills needed some more polishing so I thought this rose would be perfect. And I would say, I need some more polishing yet. ha ha  Water coloring with ink or pencils or whatever just seems to evade me, but I keep plugging along and keep at it. Eventually I will come around, right? Anyways... This rose is awesome any color  medium you choose I would say. 


The quote around the rose is colored with a light blue pencil and then water colored over just as the rose. Wonder if a darker blue would of made it stand out more, maybe next time. Just a little texture for the base layer with some swiss dots. Wrapped a little bit of sheer black ribbon and then added the flower base. The petals do have some sparkle and a few sequins as usual.  :-)  

Be sure to check out the Bloom Brigades creations today:
  Allison Cope
  Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
  Julie Koerber
  Tosha Leyendekker



5 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Dreamy feeling Stacy! The touches of sparkle really add so much to it!

Traci M said...

This is very pretty, Stacy!! I am also still plugging away...haha but your framing really sets off the pink!! Perfect layout for this also!

Leslie Miller said...

You did this with watercolor pencils? It's gorgeous! I love watercolor of any kind and there are many different watercolor mediums. I had pencils once upon a time, but they were maybe not good ones and I couldn't do anything with them. I think you did a wonderful job on this rose. Keep it up, Stacy!

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

Lovely card Stacy, I love how you coloured the beautiful rose.
Thank you so much for sharing.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, this is gorgeous! What a soft and dreamy feel it has, and bravo for plugging along with your watercolor. That's what I need to do myself. Beautiful colors, and what a great layout with the striking black that really showcases this rose! I love it! Hugs and love! xoxo