Friday, February 22, 2019

Sage birthday wishes

Grabbed the stamp set Sage Advice for my creation. My designer paper was from a stack that the page is missing so I can't tell you what it was from. It was my color inspiration as it has some greens and pinks and caramel colors I liked. 



My herbs are colored with various Copic markers. Before I finished the layers for the main panel I too my watercolor brush with some caramel ink and flicked the brush so that splatters would be around the image. I like the subtle look and plan to do this more often... if I remember that is. Layered the base with some ribbons and lace trims. A few buttons with twine for the corner of the image a panel and then my sentiment for the other. Voila! 

Check out the Bloom Brigades creations today: 

  Cindy Lawrence
 
Over on the Power Poppy Blog Marcy has her newest Digi from the Instant Garden called Clover and Pansies.



6 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, I LOVE this card and really love the sweet image you've colored. Fabulous way to use the DP as your color palette, and I always LOVE your layouts. Sweet ribbon and lace treatment, and I need to use buttons more like you do! Love it all, sweet friend! Have a great weekend! Hugs and love! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

Ohh, I like the look of this paper and it really is perfect with the colander of herbs. Love this stamp set. The splatters are fun, but I tell you truly, I get them all over my work area every time. Even set up a splatter shield and it seems they went everywhere BUT on the shield! Really a beautiful and sweet card, Stacy!

ChristineCreations said...

Stac...this is SO pretty! I love the background paper you chose, it’s the perfect backdrop, but also the pretty little pom pom ribbon too! So sweet!

Pauline said...

Oh this is so beautiful Stacy! Love everything about this - your papers, beautiful coloured image (love all the shades of greens), ribbon, lace and the buttons to finish this off! Gorgeous! Have a great weekend!

Bev Polen said...

This is so beautiful, Stacy! Love the herbs image and the added buttons. The designer paper is gorgeous along with the ribbon and lace! Great piece of artwork, Stacy! Hugs!

Henriƫtte Creatively Happy said...

Great card Stacy, it gives me a courntry look feeling, love it.
Thank you so much for sharing.