Sunday, October 14, 2012

FS297 Balloon Girl

Before I get to the post for the FS today let me share with you how our weekend started. We spent all of Friday morning in emergency as one of the twins has broken his arm. This is a first for us and very scary. We keep hearing that we are long over due and our luck was bound to run out with the boys. HA!  Well we are very lucky and thankfully he wasn't hurt more. They were playing football in the back yard and he actually slipped on the wet grass. When he fell his arm went the wrong way to catch himself. Of course the pain and instant swelling were not good indicators of fun coming his way. Called our aunt and uncle who area  doctor and nurse for immediate advice till we could get to the ER. He has a temporary cast until we go to the orthopedic doctor on Wednesday. And to make it worse he is a righty and of course his right arm is the one this happened to. ugh... He is doing okay, but we would appreciate all prayers for fast healing.  :0)
Now for my card today. This weeks Featured Stamper 297 is Cheryl aka Elizgmom. Delightful gallery and I had a hard time choosing a card. I choose this Amelia Card to case. I stamped out my Balloon Kidz Girl from Totally Stampalicious onto classic white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink. Colored with various copic markers, then die cut with Spellbinders Classic ovals that I have popped up on dimensionals.
I have kept the layout, stitching (faux mind you) button and ribbon combo, pearls and a kid card. Changed the papers and the image. Hope you get to play along with us this week. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

So stinkin' cute Stacy. Love all your stitching and that now is darling. I hope your son is feeling better soon. I broke my arm when I was his age. :(

Hugs~

Tracy said...

Sending prayers for your son Stacy. Ouchie! Hope he has a speedy recovery. :-) Your little balloon girl is adorable. Hope you have a MUCH less eventful week to come. Hugs!

Angel said...

oh wow! sorry to hear about the broken arm! will definitely pray that it heals quickly!!! {{{hugs}}} very SWEET card!!!