Wednesday, October 3, 2012

WOJ#139 Shabby Chic

Do not adjust your screen as yes this is my attempt at Shabby and Chic! LOL  Most of you know this is not my thing, more clean and crisp with lots of white space. Well time to break out of the shell and try something new!  This is my attempt at the Whiff of Joy Challenge blog this week. 

I stamped out the adorable Maya Watching a Ladybug onto classic white cardstock using memento tuxedo black ink. Colored her with various copic colors, then distressed around the edges. That is shabby chic, right? My colored are pretty muted verses the vibrant colors I like to use, added a paper doily and some lace with my ribbon. Most of my cards that have so not a stretch for me there. Layered a few colors of cardstock and distressed the blue one and voila. What do you think? Shabby or chic? I am thinking more just adorable as she makes me smile. ha!  I hope you have a wonderful rest of the day! Thanks for stopping in.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

What a precious image and love the button in the prima. Lovely touch with the doily and lace down the side.

Christa said...

Hi Stacy , what a very lovely card this is. Such a lovely image and beautiful colouring. Thank you for joining us at WOJ. Christa.

Anne-Elise said...

What a sweet and cute card, Stacy! Love the image , the doily and the pretty flower and lace! Hugs

marion said...

Owww look at Maja enjoying herself, great card. Thanks for joining us at WOJ. I hope we will see you back again next time. Hugs, Marion