Monday, January 30, 2017

Heart shaker and baskets

Today is a quick and easy card using the Digi Follow Your Heart, and my new little basket die. I found at the local craft store these pre-set little shaker circles and bought a few. What fun and so super easy! The designer paper is from the local store also. The kraft papers and colored I really liked so why not.  :-) 


 The inside of the shaker part has a bunch of sequins in brown, pink and hot pink colors. I thought, after the fact I should of added some sparkle in there as well but it was too late. I can always do that on the next one.  Added a few enamel dots and voila card is done. My new little basket die from ODBD came and was the perfect little gift to go with the card.  

A few ideas are running around in my head with this basket die and here is one of them. I turned it into a little treasure basket with a lid. The top is created by tracing the accent piece around the outer edge. Then I scored about an 1/8 inch above the tabbed portion and used that to adhere to the back of the basket. Wrapped the handle over the top to help glue the two pieces together. 

The inside has some dark chocolate covered almonds that I know will be gone in no time. Added matching designer paper to the lid inside to cover the seams. Voila!

Now these are some quick and easy Valentines. Hope you have a wonderful day! 


3 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Ack! What a cute, cute project, Stacy! That basket is so darn fun, and I especially love your innovative design with the lid. Super cute Valentine paper, too!

Lisa Lara said...

Such valentine fun Stace. I love your card with that flower heart! Such cute paper and sweet basket.

Tracy said...

The baskets are adorable. What a fun way to receive a treat. The card is yummy. It literally made me think of candy even without the basket full next to it. Great projects Stacy! Hugs!