Sunday, January 10, 2016

FS466 Butterfly Birthday

This weeks Featured Stamper 466 is Gunilla aka gunilla.holmqvist. A very elegant and sweet style of creations to choose from. I cased this Instead of Flowers card to case. Kept the butterfly theme, color theme, square card, distressing and stitching. Changed the squares to an oval, moved the butterflies around, added vellum and jewels. My stitching is fake unlike her beautiful stitching she added. Enjoy your week Gunilla! 



My creation uses the beautiful Majestic Monarchs as I do love these butterflies. They are stamped on white cardstock and colored with Copic markers. Once colored I delicately cut around the edges so that I could pop them up on the card. My designer paper is from an older pack of paper called Baby Mine from Carta Bella. Yes I need to use what designer paper I have since I tend to not use much yet I continue to buy it??? ha ha  Before they were adhered together pulled out my distressing tool for the edges and added some faux stitching. Adhered to the card base and added an oval instead of the squares in her creation.


Since the wings are spread out the easiest way to keep them from going flat is to make a box instead of having this in an envelope. So I created a square box to hold the card.  :-)  You can check out my square box tutorial that I did a few months back if you wanted to make your own. This one is a half inch smaller than the tutorial but either one work to hold a square card. The sentiment is from a retired Flourishes stamp set. Finished it off with some sparkles on the butterflies and a few jewels. Voila! I hope you can find sometime to stamp today! Have wonderful day. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning! Those butterflies are just so delicate and beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

Your butterflies are sooooo pretty, Stacy! I love the varying sizes. And the designer paper you used is sweet and delicate and makes the perfect background. The box makes the card really extra special, too!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, I so love these butterflies! Wow, they are beautiful, and I love the colors and your coloring - and I see sparkle! I agree with Leslie that the soft, delicate patterned paper is a perfect background for them to pop! A gorgeous card, and I love the gift box - an extra special gift addition! Hugs, sweet friend!