Friday, January 22, 2016

Hello lavendar roses

Good morning! Did you see the new release this week from the Instant Garden collection at Power Poppy? Talk about awesome!!! 


This is called Everything's Rosy! A must have for your collection if I do say so myself. One of the girls asked for a pack of note cards and this will be one of them I have for her set. I do ADORE this image from our flower whisper.  ;-)  


I know I mentioned this on Tuesday but I do like coloring these petals. I went with a purple color theme for this card with just a strip of designer paper at the bottom. Leslie created a set of cards with this idea that I thought was cute. You can see her cards that inspired me here. For the top I added a Spellbinders die cut edge with a jeweled center. The petals do have some suduko gel pen added to them for sparkle, yet hard to see in the picture. However this does look really cool in person. I think she is going to like this card. Voila! 

Be sure to check out the Bloom Brigade creations: 

Christine Okken 
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber  
Katie Sims 
Leslie Miller
Tosha Leyendekker



10 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy!! This is one absolutely gorgeous card! First of all, the soft purple you've used is absolutely beautiful and so delicate! And I love the earth-tone cup and mug. Beautiful! I love the layout with the thin piece of DP and the gorgeous border at the top! Stunning with the jewel in the center! Absolutely love this one, Stacy!! Hugs, sweet friend, and keep warm and cozy!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful Stacy! Such an elegant card - gorgeous flowers :-)

Leslie Miller said...

She's going to LOVE this card, my friend! Your roses are gorgeous in this shade of purple, and the neutral colored cups really set off the color. I love the curved edge at the top with the jewel. Your curve almost looks like a folded over flap. Very pretty! And that little strip of designer paper at the bottom is just the right bit of added color. Funny how that tiny bit helps ground the image. Glad you liked the idea!

Julie Koerber said...

Absolutely gorgeous Stace! I love, love, love the layout -- just adds so much class to an already drop dead colored image! Hope all is well with you chickie! Miss you!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

So beautiful Stacy. I like that you have done the mug and the cup in earth tones. Really nice touch. Cheers.

Traci M said...

I love the border you used on this gorgeous card...and the colors just make me swoon. What a nice set this will make for someone special, Stacy!!

Karen W said...

Stacy this is gorgeous, so soft and elegant!

Donna Ellis said...

Stacy, what a lovely creation with soft hues in the roses and beautiful "white" highlights to enhance your shading. Gorgeous card - I especially like the "valance" across the top with your jewel. Beautiful in every way! Thanks for sharing your techniques!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Awww Stace!! What beautiful purple blooms!! And I love that sweet little valence with the gemstone across the top! It seems to be pointing right at your lovely roses!!

Davi said...

This is such a gorgeous image and I love the colors you chose! The soft colors are so pretty, a beautiful card!!