Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Welcome Hellebores

Good morning! Today is the first Instant Garden release of 2016! Are you as excited as I am for the new designs Marcy is going to show us this year? You should be! ;-)  This beautiful flower is called Hellebores. A few other names it is referred to are Christmas Rose and Lenten Rose.


 Very interesting facts behind this flower and the hybrids are fantastic. Google it sometime and see what comes up, you will appreciate the variety. Hellebores can be found in the store NOW


My card today is on the softer side and a birthday card. Several coming up that I need to work on along with more thank you cards. The petals are colored with Copic markers with just a hint of sparkle added to the leaves when done. Some faux stitching around the border of the designer paper pack called Blushing Rose. Wrapped some lace trim and matching ribbon around the center. Finished it off with a few scattered pearls and a few for the corner. Voila!

You will find a full list of the talented ladies creations over on the Power Poppy Blog! Enjoy! 


6 comments:

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Really beautiful Stacy. I love the softness of the design and how feminine it feels. Cheers.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Stacy, this is gorgeous, and I love the softness of your coloring and the DP you've used! It's stunning and so feminine! I love it, and I know the birthday girl will too. Beautifully done, sweet friend, and I think we were thinking along the same lines with the lace and seam binding. I always love when you use it. Hugs, sweet friend!

Leslie Miller said...

So very delicate and pretty, Stacy. Ohhhhh, I love that pink. The perfect bit of sparkle, and even more feminine with the crochet trim, ribbon, and pearls. I need to use of some of my trims, note to self.

Barb said...

This is so soft and delicate. It's beautiful and I love it!

ChristineCreations said...

Perfectly pretty in pink Stacy!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

The flowers look so delicate in the almost translucent pink. I love pearl accents and pretty ribbon. Beautiful, Stacy.