Friday, March 4, 2016

What matters to your heart?

Good morning and happy well wishes Friday. I say well wishes as I think we are all finally on the mend. My oh my. Lots of kids were sick at school besides the boys along with teachers and parents. Seems to be sharing itself with everyone. Thank you for the well wishes notes and prayers, they were appreciated.


The new Power and Spark challenge is up on the Power Poppy Blog today and your host is me personally. Yea! I have a fun sketch for you to play with all month long. Be sure to link your creations back up to the PP Blog HERE so you can have a chance at the prize. 


For the sketch I pulled out Folk Heart to play with. The tiny sunflowers were calling my name. They are stamped on white cardstock, colored with copics and cut around to pop up on the card base. This sentiment is so sweet. So what things matter to your heart? Mine is my family. I am spending more and more time with. They are growing fast as I have said many times before.  Gathering as many memories as I can before they are bored with us parents. ha ha
Some stitched rectangles around the edges for fun and texture with the Chicken wire embossing folder. Scattered jewels and some sparkle to finish it off. Voila! 

Be sure to check out the creations from the Bloom Brigade today:

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Tosha Leyendekker

11 comments:

Tricia T said...

What a great challenge and card, Stacy~~ Can't wait to play along!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Great idea and sketch my friend!! And I love the debossed hearts with the lovely sunflowers and rhinestones!! The textured bg is super awesome too! Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

This is a gorgeous card Stacy! The embossing in the background is so effective and the colour works so well with the white. Love how you used the hearts too. Glad to hear you're all on the mend :-)

Gab said...

Great card - the white on white is so elegant

Barbara said...

Love this technique and your card is just so amazing and love that sentiment.

ChristineCreations said...

I really do hope you’re all on the mend friend :)

Such a fantastic sketch and you used it so beautifull! I love the little heart cut outs!

Pauline said...

What a great challenge this month. Love all the layering on your card, from them embossed background, die cut stitched layer, and the way your finished off the card with the tiny sunflowers, glitter and rhinestone - fabulous!

Leslie Miller said...

Such a cute sketch and card, Stacy! I love the heart cut outs. Still thinking what to do with this, but not feeling very creative. So tired!

Kathy Jones said...

Your sketch is amazing Stacy and I love the hearts and those sweet sunflowers and isn't that sentiment so true! Enjoy each and every moment with your kids - aren't they growing so fast?! Hugs and hope you are feeling much better!!

Melanie Ann MacKenzie said...

Great sketch Stacy. I love the simply elegance of your card. Hearts were a terrific choice. Cheers.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, what a great challenge you've made for this month, and I love the sketch! What a beautiful card you've made, and I love these sweet little flowers! And the sentiment inside the heart is so dear! Beautifully done, my friend, and I'm with you - it's my family too that's so important (along with my "family" of friends too!). Hugs, my friend! What a delight!